Rainbow Bhutan is a network of SOGIESC community. It also caters to the needs of other KAP (Key Affected Population). Initially started in 2014, as LGBT+ Community in Bhutan under parenthood of Lhak-Sam, Bhutan Network of People Living in Bhutan. By the mid of 2018, the LGBT+ Community in Bhutan was renamed ‘Rainbow Bhutan’ to be more inclusive and hollistic in our approach and our work. At the end of 2019, Rainbow Bhutan established its own office and began to function as an independently functioning office.
Vision: “Celebrating Diversity”
– Build a unified network of people who stimulates minds and hearts for collective growth and change.
– Create a supportive environment where individuals from diverse gender and sexuality are acknowledged by people from all walks of life.
– Enable a legal and social conduct of speech, advocacy, information andlearning on SOGIESC issues.
– Enhance access to Health care services and education irrespective of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression.
– To be a part of nation building process and work to contribute towards Gross National Happiness.
We are accepting entries of articles from community members and our allies who want to express themselves. To send us your stories and articles please send it to us via mail by going to the Contact Us.
Become a Volunteer
With the aim of helping as many people as possible, we always lack enthusiastic volunteers. Please contact us for more info.